Quality insulation is essential, whether you’re going for LEED® certification in a new building or retrofitting an existing structure for lower energy costs and better comfort.
MultiService Industrial installs and upgrades insulation on ductwork, plumbing, and HVAC piping in commercial buildings. That reduces energy consumption and condensation and extends HVAC equipment life. It can also cut noise transmission and improve fire protection.
If you’re responsible for the construction of new commercial buildings or planning to renovate one, we can support your insulation needs.
The Importance of Insulation for Commercial Buildings
Heat is expensive, so why let it escape through uninsulated HVAC ducting? That’s money leaking away, and it could also prompt complaints from chilly tenants or occupants. Well-insulated ducts can significantly reduce energy consumption and heating equipment and fans won’t need to work so hard.
It costs even more to cool air than to heat it, so insulation yields similar benefits for your AC, but here it has another benefit too – insulation reduces and even eliminates condensation.
With insufficient insulation, or worse, none at all, condensation during hot, humid weather will run and drip. That can damage suspended ceilings and even harm equipment or property below. There’s a tendency to think of insulation only with regards to keeping heat in, but condensation prevention can be an even bigger win.
Commercial insulation is about more than the HVAC system. Hot water pipes and tanks should be wrapped to reduce energy loss, and cold pipes need protecting against condensation and freezing. Insulation is the answer.
Types of Insulation for Commercial Buildings
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to insulation. In your commercial building, you’ll find there are many options available depending on your space, budget, and preferences. Here are a few common choices:
- Fiberglass Blanket: This is a go-to option, also known as batt insulation or roll insulation. It consists of layers of fiberglass placed between two pieces of paper or cardboard. It’s usually used between wall and floor joists and beams.
- Fiberglass Board: This is similar to the fiberglass blanket, but is composed of a fiberglass board. It’s most commonly used to insulate HVAC ductwork.
- Rock Wool: This insulation option, also known as mineral wool, is made of high-density mineral wool and is primarily used to insulate pipes and water heater tanks.
- Spray Foam: Spray foam insulation is sprayed into spaces using special pressurized equipment. It’s a semi-liquid foam that becomes a dense sealant when dry.
- Loose-Fill Insulation: This insulation option is composed of cellulose or fiberglass pellets. It can also be sprayed into spaces. Its loose shape makes it useful when insulating oddly shaped areas or where traditional insulation isn’t a good fit.
Specialty Commercial Insulation Options
You can also opt for specialty commercial insulation options that provide specific benefits for your space. These include:
- Sound Control
- Thermal Performance
- Fire Protection
- Moisture and Mold Protection
Get The Best Commercial Insulation Services For Your Business
The team at MultiService Industrial believes in “Doing It Right.” What sets us apart is our professionalism and attention to detail. We install what was specified, and never cut corners.
Trust us to provide the insulation services you need for your new construction or renovation project, no matter how large or small. We’ve carried out many different projects in a wide range of commercial buildings.
Ready to get started?