Proper insulation is important for protecting your infrastructure, product, and workers. By insulating mechanical systems, such as pipes and ductwork, you’re deterring heat loss in one of the simplest and most effective ways.
At MultiService Industrial, we install, upgrade, and repair mechanical insulation for a variety of industries and applications. Our insulation solutions not only keep heat where it belongs, but they also prevent condensation, reduce noise, boost fire safety, and cut energy consumption.
When it comes to mechanical insulation, we have the experience and expertise to provide quality work, no matter your unique challenges.
The Importance of Mechanical Insulation
It’s wasteful to have heat escaping from pipes, ductwork, and other mechanical systems. These inefficiencies jack up everyday energy costs, which adds up to a considerable expense, year over year. Not only that, damaged, missing, or poor quality insulation may also lead to an unsafe work environment or inconsistent production processes. But there’s a solution.
Insulation blocks energy loss. The shielding protects workers from burning themselves on hot pipes and equipment, and it also prevents condensation during warm, humid weather. Dripping water, when left unnoticed, will lead to mold growth, which is dangerous to workers and costly to clean up.
Improperly insulated pipes with inconsistent heat profiles wreak havoc on a production process. A product moving through a pipeline could jell or solidify, significantly affecting product quality and causing big problems down the line.
Well-insulated mechanical systems create energy savings. Insulation prevents problems like heat loss and condensation, and proper insulation can also aid production reliability and worker safety.
Even hidden out of sight, insulation is always hard at work.
Types of Mechanical Insulation
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to insulation. When it comes to mechanical systems, you’ll find many options depending on your space, budget, and preferences. Here are a few choices:
- Fiberglass Blanket: This is a go-to option, also known as batt insulation or roll insulation. It consists of layers of fiberglass placed between two pieces of paper or cardboard. It’s usually used between wall and floor joists and beams.
- Fiberglass Board: This is similar to the fiberglass blanket, but is composed of a fiberglass board. It’s frequently used to insulate HVAC ductwork.
- Rock Wool: This insulation option, also known as mineral wool, is made of high-density mineral wool and is primarily used to insulate pipes and water heater tanks.
- Spray Foam: Spray foam insulation is sprayed into spaces using special pressurized equipment. It’s a semi-liquid foam that becomes a dense sealant when dry.
- Loose-Fill Insulation: This insulation option is composed of cellulose or fiberglass pellets. It can also be sprayed into spaces. Its loose shape makes it useful when insulating oddly shaped areas or those that don’t fit traditional insulation well.
Specialty Mechanical Insulation Options
Sometimes a situation calls for specialty mechanical insulation to achieve a specific benefit. Mechanical insulation options include:
- Sound Control
- Thermal Performance
- Fire Protection
- Moisture and Mold Protection
Get The Best Mechanical Insulation Services For Your Business
We’re experts at designing, sourcing, and installing mechanical insulation for a wide variety of industries and applications. Whether your project is large or small, at MultiService Industrial, we’re committed to providing tailored service.
We firmly believe in “Doing It Right,” and never cutting corners when it comes to quality. Our reputation is built on professional service with thorough attention to detail. We’re eager to deliver you a long-lasting, cost-effective insulation solution.
Ready to work together?